A useful estate plan should meet three goals: ensure that your wishes are met, protect your assets, and preserve your wealth in the most tax efficient manner possible. Whether your circumstances are more common or more complex, every one of us has unique needs and desires. We can also assist with Special Needs Planning, Non-Traditional Family Planning, Business Succession Planning, and Leaving a Legacy.
Our Office can help you plan for your goals through the use of:
- Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Guardianships for Special Needs or Disabled Individuals
- Powers of attorney
- Living Will
- Declaration of Guardianship
- Authorization for Release of Medical Information
- Family Limited Partnerships & Limited Liability Companies
- Generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques
- Grantor-retained income trusts, unitrusts and annuity trusts
- Life Insurance Planning, including the use of Irrevocable Trusts
- Charitable giving programs; charitable lead and remainder trusts and private foundations
- Estate valuation freezing plans
Estate planning techniques vary as the tax laws change. We will utilize our tax knowledge to develop a tailored estate plan that will meet your particular goals while minimizing or eliminating the tax burden.
We also handle all aspects of the estate and trust administration (probate), including, when appropriate, opportunities for “post-mortem” estate planning utilizing disclaimers, asset allocation decisions, intra-family sales, tax elections, and representation in audits with the Internal Revenue Service in estate and gift tax matters.